Baked Stuffed Rabbit with Carrots
2 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dried summer savory
1 c. finely chopped celery
2 lg. carrots, quartered
1 lb. bacon
1 or 2 c. hot water
1. For dressing, mash potatoes to make a pint, season with butter, salt, pepper, savory and celery. Fill body of rabbit with this stuffing and sew up.
2. Place rabbit on rack of baking pan with legs folded under body and skewer in this position.
3. Place quartered carrots beside it on the racks.
4. Put pan in 400 degree oven and after first 10 minutes pour 1 or 2 cups hot water over body, continue cooking until done.
5. Shortly before done, remove bacon and let rabbit burn.