Glazed Roast Duckling
Ingredients1 ready to cook duckling
1/2 recipe bread stuffing
1/2 c. sugar
Few grains salt
1 tsp. cornstarch
1(6 oz.) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
Set oven for slow 325 degrees. Stuff duckling. Place breast side up on rack in shallow open pan. Roast. Meanwhile, combine sugar, salt and cornstarch. Add thawed orange juice concentrate (do not dilute). Stir over moderate heat until slightly thickened. An hour before the duckling is done, brush entire surface with orange juice glaze. Repeat every 15 minutes until duckling is done.
Ingredients1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. onion salt
Dash of pepper
1/2 tsp. chili powder4 sliced onions
2 cans tomato soup
Marinate bear steak overnight. Dry and sear on both sides in hot cooking oil or bacon grease. Add the following: Cover and simmer for 2 to 3 hours, until tender. Add: Simmer 15 to 20 minutes more. If you wish to thicken juice for gravy, add flour.
Cut rabbit in pieces in a large frying pan. Use about 3 tablespoons of Crisco, any shortening. Have very hot, roll rabbit in flour, salt and pepper. Brown quickly. Place in small roaster. Add 3 tablespoons flour to shortening, brown and add 2 cups cold water, pour over rabbit and cook in oven at 375 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
Baked Stuffed Rabbit with Carrots
Ingredients3 or 4 average potatoes
2 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dried summer savory
1 c. finely chopped celery
2 lg. carrots, quartered
1 lb. bacon
1 or 2 c. hot water
1. For dressing, mash potatoes to make a pint, season with butter, salt, pepper, savory and celery. Fill body of rabbit with this stuffing and sew up.
2. Place rabbit on rack of baking pan with legs folded under body and skewer in this position.
3. Place quartered carrots beside it on the racks.
4. Put pan in 400 degree oven and after first 10 minutes pour 1 or 2 cups hot water over body, continue cooking until done.
5. Shortly before done, remove bacon and let rabbit burn.
BBQ Wild Rabbit
Ingredients1 (2-3 lb.) rabbit
1 med. chopped onion
2 tbsp. butter
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/2 c. chopped celery
3/4 c. water
1/4 c. dry wine
1 c. ketchup
2 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. dry mustard
Cut cleaned rabbit into serving pieces, boil with celery tops for 30 minutes. Remove rabbit from water and let stand a few minutes. Cook onion in water until browned, then add remaining ingredients and cook for 20 minutes. Add rabbit and simmer slowly for 1 hour. Serve hot. 4 servings.
- The Structure of Personal Change March 21, 2023
- Black Love Series: Are You in an Unhealthy Relationship? March 21, 2023
- ‘How I overcame self&destruction with art’ March 21, 2023
- Grizzlies finish off Warriors in fourth&quarter form March 21, 2023